Friday, March 11, 2011

Details: Part Two

I remember shopping for my wedding dress. It was almost 5 years ago to the day that I found it. I had tried on several and while I had liked many of them- I wasn’t sure any of them could be considered “the one”. Then the bridal shop attendant brought in a beautiful, flowing dress that instantly reminded me of the movie Ever After. As I slipped it on, and saw the excitement in the faces of my friends and family, I knew it had to be good. Once I looked in the mirror, my suspicions were confirmed; I was wearing the wedding dress I had dreamt of for years.

To this day, as I recall the events of one of the most significant moments of my life- I am so happy with the wedding dress I selected. It really reflected my own personality and set the theme for my wedding day. I wanted a simplistic beauty to be the trademark and my dress was exactly that.

Now, as I meet with brides and we excitedly discuss their wedding day details, the dress is inevitably the first topic we cover. There is no doubt it is a critical aspect to the bride and the wedding event itself. Whether glamorous, sleek, simple or extravagant, I love photographing the dress and capturing this important element in a unique way.

Here are a few shots of stunning dresses from a couple of 2010 weddings…




No comments:

Post a Comment