Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Authentic Emotion

I love capturing real, raw emotion. That could be my favorite aspect of photography- allowing that authentic emotion to be showcased in a stunning way.
Something I have learned in the last few years in the incredible importance of getting to know the people I am photographing. Instead of forcing my style on them- I try to really understand the perspectives, passions and personalities of my subjects so that those unique components can literally SHINE through the camera. In doing this, no two sessions or weddings are the same; it makes my job exciting and it completely differentiates the results.
As far as genuine emotion, there is nothing better than having the honor of photographing a bride on her wedding day. Tonya epitomized the “glowing bride”. Her September wedding was set in the always- stunning town of Stillwater- a place I just adore! Throughout her day, we were able to showcase both her dramatic, glamorous side- as well as her giddy, joyous feelings! What a beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment