Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Glamorous Vintage Wedding: Kelsey & Sam


With the look on their faces I knew something big was coming. They were barely in the door when she said she had news. They were ready to get married- I had known that much and was just thrilled. Then she said the date. December 16th. 2011. My mouth dropped open and my eyes widened. I was shocked. Extremely happy and excited for them but surprised. I knew Kelsey would want a beautiful wedding but how could one pull it together in just SEVEN weeks? If anyone could, it would be her.

Years of memories with this beautiful friend flooded my mind. To see her as a bride would no doubt be emotional and wonderful. Then she asked if I would be able to photograph it. I thought of trying not to cry when she walked down the aisle. Trying to steady my camera and get the shots that they would treasure for a lifetime.

Thankfully, I was able to stay together the day of the wedding. Although I felt tears well up in my eyes as she so gracefully walked with her father alongside the quiet pond within the Como Zoo Conservatory, and joyfully danced with her groom at the St. Paul Hotel that night, I couldn't help but smile ear to ear. This princess had found her prince and everyone present couldn't help by feel the happiness they share.

The love between Kelsey and Sam is so apparent. He adores her and cares for her so dearly. She loves and respects him deeply and it shows in the way she looks at him. If ever two were meant to be, it is surely them.

Enjoy every moment of your 'happily ever after', Kelsey & Sam!

Here are a few favorites that help tell the story of their day.








Kelsey and Sam chose to do a 'first look'- such a fun and exciting part of their day!


The St. Paul Hotel provided the perfect backdrop for many of the photos. I LOVE this venue for weddings and there are so many stunning locations surrounding it.










These girls were so glamorous and a blast to capture!









Kelsey's parents, Kelsey & Sam, and Sam's parents all steal a quick kiss. Such a legacy of love between these couples.




The Como Zoo Conservatory was nothing short of breathtakingly beautiful. What an elegant and unique location to share vows.



Although it was only about 20 degrees the entire day, Kelsey didn't complain once; she was determined to get the best wedding images possible- freezing temps or not. :) We couldn't resist taking a few portraits at Rice Park under the magnificent lights!









Kelsey and her Dad danced with such joy... it was simply adorable.




And we end with this image- such sweet love, such a brilliant and bright future for these two.

2 comments:

  1. Kate- I just looked at it all and got to relive my "Fairytale day!" Thank you so so much and you captured each moment so well , all the emotions and feelings came right back! Your the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are so beautiful! Amazing job Kate! What an amazing couple....:)

    ReplyDelete