Wednesday, January 18, 2012

FAQ's: Baby's First Year

After over 7 months of nonstop working, the quiet of winter is setting in and I have to say I am greeting it like the welcoming of a long-lost friend. Time to catch up on administrative work, prepare for 2012 and to answer a few FAQ's.

Today's question comes from Tressa in Wisconsin. She writes: "How often is it "normal" to get infant photos? Newborn and a year old but what about in between?"




Now obviously this is a very subjective question. Speaking as a mom, I would say as often as your budget allows. The first year is one of constant change and development. You can literally have professional pictures of your little one done every other month and still capture incredible growth! I am so happy that we decided as a family to hire a photographer to take pictures of us a family and plan to do it yearly. I believe it is an investment in treasuring family memories and emotions...and in so many ways, these are priceless.

Practically speaking, I know for most of us, money doesn't grow on trees, (if you know of a money-producing shrub, point me in the right direction!). With the said, I would suggest doing Newborn portraits, Six Month Portraits and then 1 Year Pictures. You will see big changes but capture the sweetness of each little season without missing too much. After that, I usually recommend having pictures taken yearly for the first 4 to 5 years.

I have heard plenty of moms share that they regret not having professional pictures taken of their family many, many times- but have yet to hear one express regret in having too many taken! :)

I hope that helps! Great question Tressa!

If you have a photography, business or personal question for Kate, please feel free to comment below, send a message on Facebook or send an e-mail to kate@katewenzel.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment