Monday, May 2, 2011

First Look: Part Three


Over the last couple weeks, I have been sharing a little about the beautiful benefits to selecting the "First Look" option on your wedding day. (Find Part One HERE and Part Two Here).

As we close this series, I wanted to give the perspective of BOTH the bride and groom. Tonya & Chris kindly shared their thoughts on the subject:

Tonya:
Your wedding photos are the most important aspect in your
wedding, these photos will forever document the most important day of
your new life together. In order to get these pictures, it takes time.
When I was attempting to make the timeline for my wedding day, it was
almost impossible trying to figure out when to do the "first look" and
other photos without making your wedding guest wait at least 4 hours
after the ceremony is over.
Even though you want the first look experience as walking down the aisle, there are many things to consider,
whether it be distractions by other guests or even having your view
blocked. In addition, there are a lot of nerves of walking down the
aisle with all eyes on you, especially for those who aren't comfortable
with attention, like me. Chris and I at the time discussed our concerns
with Kate, she mentioned doing a private first look, with just us, that
could be photographed and still be a special moment. We were on board! I
will never forget our first look. Chris had his back turned to me while
I came down some stairs behind him. I will never forget how he looked at
me that day. Our first look was still monumental, and for myself it
made me more at ease being with him. There was so much less pressure
walking down the aisle to my husband during the actual ceremony, and we
were able to get all the photos we wanted, without making our guests
wait a ridiculous amount of time. Not to mention things ran so much
smoother, we weren't rushed to get photos done in a minimal amount of
time after the ceremony. I would definitely recommend doing a private
first look, you won't regret it!




Chris:
I will never forget our first look. It was almost as amazing and
just as special as when Tonya walked down the aisle. When we were
getting ready for the picture it seemed like I was standing there quite
a while even though it was just a few minutes. I can remember my heart
beating pretty fast anticipating when she would tap me on my shoulder. I
hadn't seen her in her dress yet and when she walked up behind me and
tapped on my shoulder, my heart skipped a beat. I would definitely
recommend doing the first look pictures and if you can make it a private
first look. I think this made it that much more special on our wedding
day.

2 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful work, friend! Thank you for sharing!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brought tears to my eyes reading what Chris and Tonya said! The photos were amazing, and Kate, you were so much fun to talk to at the dinner!

    ReplyDelete