Thursday, September 12, 2013

Minnihaha Falls Session: The Lau Extended Family


Taking the time to organize an extended family portrait session is not easy.  It requires careful planning months in advance, the coordination of over a dozen schedules, and the hope that it won't rain!  Thankfully, it wasn't raining- it was the opposite of raining- it was as hot and humid as can be!  Still, we had so much fun meandering through the beautiful areas that Minnehaha has to offer and smiling all the way!  And this time, this energy, this planning is worth it in every sense. 

Whenever I photograph extended family sessions, I think of how these families started out as just two, and then grew to include children and grandchildren and someday, great-grandchildren.  I think about how wonderful it is to have the honor of documenting the love of family through photography and I can hope that someday, I will have another document the love of my own family, which grew from two to many!  Here is a look at a few of the images from our session in July! 


No comments:

Post a Comment