Monday, July 14, 2014

Fields & Family: Nagle Family Session


Lately, I have been reminded again about the fragility of life.  Our days are not guaranteed and each one is truly a gift.  This was made all the more real to me last week when I was contacted by Nicole.  I had the honor of photographing Nicole & Aaron's wedding last year, as well as a newborn session for her sister, Katie, Brandon and sweet little Julia.  

Because of this, I have remained connected to this wonderful family through Facebook and have followed their incredible Dad's difficult story of cancer.  Over the last couple years, their dad has bravely and boldly faced this disease head on. He has done it with a contagious smile, while loving his precious family and new granddaughter.  

But when Nicole contacted me, I wasn't prepared to hear that they had received hard news about her dad.  They were hoping to get a family session done- to document this amazing family, unfailing love and to showcase all that makes this family so beautiful.  I do book out months in advance, but I had one free evening open in the coming weeks- and silently I hoped that all of them would be available but didn't think it would be possible on such short notice.  Surprisingly, it was- and I rejoiced. Then, the forecast showed storms- and again I hoped that these would pass or not come at all on this one evening we had.  Again, I rejoiced as the day was warm, without a cloud in the sky.  

Below is a small reflection of what it means to be family- to walk through life- the good and the bad - the planned and the unexpected.  Below is my attempt to show what it looks like to rally around someone you love and savor all the joy that you can in each moment we are given.  Please know that I will continue to pray for you, Nagle family- and what an honor it was to photograph you together.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! Thank you for sharing them, and this family's story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such an honor to do so!

    ReplyDelete