Monday, June 17, 2013

"Moment Mondays"

I have been thinking of starting a new themed series for the blog for a while.  I have also been wanting to stop and capture a few moments of my own life as it happens- the more candid, day-to-day things that make life meaningful.  Then the thought occurred to me, why not achieve both of these goals in one?  And so, the idea for  "Moment Mondays" was born.

The thought is that I will share one or two of these unexpected, unplanned, candid moments of life as they happen- to remind myself to stop and smell the roses, and to thank God for life's sweet blessings.

This past week was full.  It was full of the joy of finding all my boys reading a book together on Father's Day, full of newborn sessions, engagement shoots, and a beautiful wedding to photograph.  It was full of outdoor fun with planting flowers & trees and enjoying the long-awaited sunshine! We had trips to the park under sun and to the zoo in the rain.  It was also full of grief as we learned my husband's beloved Opa was called to heaven at the age of 97.  Life is fragile and beautiful. It is hard and wonderful all at once.  I don't want to be so busy planning the future that I miss the present.  That is was "Moment Mondays" is all about.





No comments:

Post a Comment