Monday, April 21, 2014

Custom Fine Art Albums: Alisha's Perspective / Part Three

 

I have worked for other photographers and studios before opening KWP in 2009. In this prior experience, I learned that most photographers don't allow their couples to select the images within their album. This never made sense to me. They are the ones who will open it up year after year and remember their day all over again.  I ask my clients to fill out a detailed form- telling me what images they would like, which ones are their top five favorites, what verses and quotes they would like featured and more.  This helps me make the album just right for them! 

Alisha & Anthony: Married June 7th, 2013

Within a few moments of meeting these two, you can't help but love them.  I loved their modern feel to their wedding while still implementing classy and classic elements throughout their day.  They had such a fun wedding- and I think that this album highlights that vibe- in addition to celebrating their love. Here is the interview with Alisha:


Please share your experience in working with Kate- from first meeting to receiving your album.

-->
When we first met with Kate, I knew that I wanted her to be our photographer right away. First, her photos are absolutely gorgeous, and she was professional, yet personable. She wanted to get to know both my husband and I, along with our son. She wanted to know more about our wedding design, colors, etc., so she could design our album to go right along side our wedding colors. Kate was willing to work with us, and was very kind. She has children so she knows how to handle young ones and get some beautiful photos of our son at our engagement session and our wedding. Kate is a wonderful person and she definitely has the knack and the creative eye for photography. My husband and I are so much more than pleased with our photos and our album. Our album is so beautiful and is custom-designed to fit our wedding, and our personalities. It's gorgeous.
 

What made you decide to get the custom-designed fine art album through Kate Wenzel Photography? 

-->
When we first met with Kate, we talked about the different wedding packages, and Kate brought one of her albums for us to look through. Right away my husband and I knew we wanted the album. It's unique, amazing quality, and you can tell that she puts a lot of time and effort into each page of the album. The price and the quality is definitely worth it. We knew we had to have it, and I'm so glad that we chose to get it. I show it off all of the time.





Do you feel like your album was custom designed and reflects you as couple?


-->
Our album perfectly reflects my husband and I as a couple. It's modern, yet traditional in some aspects. It's bold, and bright, and matches our color palette from our wedding perfectly. We were able to choose most of the photos put into the album and then Kate added a few of her favorites or photos that she thought would add to the page nicely. She showed us the "rough draft" and it was perfect! I didn't want her to make any changes. That's how you know she's great at what she does. She has gotten to know us, and she kind of knows what we want and what we like :)




What is your favorite part of the album? 

-->
ALL OF IT. From the black case that the album sits in, to the glossy thick pages, to the last page with the quote that makes me tear up every time. I love it all so much. The colors are gorgeous, and the photos are absolutely beautiful. I am in love with EVERYTHING about out album.



What words would you use to describe your album? 

-->
beautiful, unique, personal

What would you tell a couple who is contemplating getting the album?

-->
GET THE ALBUM. You won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment