Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Class of 2013: Jack



Jack is an incredible 17 year-old.  He is funny, kind, and articulate beyond his years.  He is handsome, fun and quick.  He also happens to be my 'baby' brother.  As I sat down to write this, I wondered it if was possible to not cry and I have concluded it is not.  I am just going to embrace this fact and continue on.

I was eleven when Jack was born.  Up to that point, I had been the only child and was uncertain about this sibling thing.  Yet, the moment I first saw him any concern was gone.  I felt nothing but love, a desire to care for him and a pride that can only come from a decade-older sister.  Jack and I have shared a bond since he was just a little boy.  He has always been sweet and it has always been clear that we hold a special place in our hearts for one another.  Even though today he could make teasing me an Olympic sport, (in which he would win the gold!), at the end of the day we both know that there is unquestionable sibling support between us.

As he begins his senior year, I am in awe of how quickly time has passed.  I can't help but smile when I think of the precious memories we share and how he is largely the same as he was at two years old- funny, kind and articulate beyond his years.

It was a joy and honor to photograph his senior portraits a few weeks ago in Minneapolis! Here are a few highlights.















No comments:

Post a Comment