Friday, April 26, 2013

Savoring the Sweet

Happy Spring!  (Here is where I insert words like 'finally' and 'about time'.)  Instead, I will just convey my sheer gratitude and joy!  In this sunshine, I was reminded of how sweet it is to savor the little things of life.  Sunshine. Walks to the park. Warmth. My baby's smile and chubby theighs.  My toddler's belly laugh.  Fun summer plans.  Wonderful clients who make what I do even more lovely.  Budding trees. Kind neighbors waving and chatting. The list is really endless if we just have eyes to see it.

So often I don't have eyes to see it.  I am too busy staring at my to-do list, glancing at the clock, and checking e-mail for the 53rd time that day.  I left my cell phone at home today and went for a long walk with my boys.  Leaving that phone was one of the best decisions I made in a while.  Peace. No demands, feeling like I don't have to answer every call and get back to that e-mail within a few moments.  I was able to live in the present- in the now.  And the sweetness of life was beautiful.

So here's to savoring the sweet!  Happy Friday and HAPPY HAPPY SPRING!

Here is a picture I snapped just now of my 4 month old, Noah, while my two year old slept! :) For me right now, this is the epitome of 'sweet'.



No comments:

Post a Comment